Wise Learning Alternative School: A New Option Has Arrived!
Wise Learning Day School, for students elementary through high school, is truly an alternative learning experience that offers what traditional schools cannot: individualized curriculum based on student interest, small class sizes of 6 or less students, custom designed skills and strategies based on each student’s learning style and personality, an on-site consulting psychologist, therapist, and occupational therapist, etc. The Wise Learning Day School, with locations in Ridgefield, Newtown and Fairfield, CT is now enrolling for summer school programs and the fall term which begins in September. All teachers are certified and specialize in students struggling with learning differences.
Alternative School Programs
- Small Classes of 4-6 Students
- Students are grouped by grade, ability and interests
- School Day: 8 am. to 2 pm, Monday through Friday (please note that drop off is flexible between 8:00 and 8:30 am.)
- Tuition: Please call to inquire
- Half day and partial week options are available please inquire regarding details.
- Custom designed curriculum will adhere to each student’s IEP or 504 plan
- Additional Services such as Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Counseling, Testing, etc. are available at an additional fee. Please inquire regarding these services.
- All teachers are state certified and trained in Wilson, Orton Gillingham and Lindamood Bell programs as well as a variety of additional programs and techniques.
Wise Learning Foundation Program is designed for students who are struggling in their current school placement and need an intensive program to fill in skill holes and gain the skills and strategies they need to be independent and successful. Our goal with this program is to get each student to where they need to be as quickly as possible.
- Intensive 1-on-1 alternative school program
- 20 Hours per week
- Designed to fill in foundation skill holes
- State certified teachers
- Customs designed programs
- Focus on Learning skills and strategies, core subjects, executive function, and students’ interests following Connecticut state standards
- Tuition: please call to inquire
Additional Day School Programs
Home School Enrichment Classes
Joy of Writing: geared for 5 to 8 year olds and meets on Tuesdays 10:30 to 12:00. The 5 week classes will focus on previously acquired skills including understanding story elements, summarizing, understanding phonics concepts, and developing and understanding composition. Students will be engaged in a variety of hands on activities to enhance learning and will create stories both independently and in groups. All activities are designed to fit individual needs of the students while developing their areas of weakness and building upon their strengths.
Math Mania: geared for 5 to 8 year olds and meets on Tuesdays 12:30 to 2:00. The 5 week classes will focus on functional math skills and basic math concepts. Students will engage in hands on activities to increase number fluency, increase ability to compose and decompose numbers, and problem solving. Students will understand the importance of math in everyday life through practical scenarios. Science Fair: geared for 9 to 12 year olds and meets on Thursdays 10:30 to 12:00. Over the course of 5 weeks students will choose a topic of interest to ultimately create a science project. The students will be required to complete research, conduct experiments, and create a visual project along the way, which they will present at the end of the class. Students will be led through each step of the process and understand the importance of planning as they complete this long term project.
Whirlwind Tour through Alaska and Hawaii: geared for 9 to 12 year olds and meets on Thursdays 12:30 to 2:00 Over the course of 5 weeks students will learn all there is to know about these culturally diverse states. Students will be exposed to the history, traditions, food, holidays, and lifestyles. There might even be some good food and fun visitors as well!
*** All students taking both classes are welcome to bring a bag lunch (12:00 to 12:30)